...HONORS CHORUS INFORMATION...
Honors Chorus is an all day music workshop for 5th Graders from all around Gwinnett County. Students learn 5 different pieces of music with their music teacher before the event and then will work with a clinician at the event to put all the different parts together. Students are provided with a morning snack, and a special T-Shirt to wear during the workshop which culminates with a concert at the end of the day. Students will need to provide their own bagged lunch.
- The workshop/concert is Saturday, March 18th, 2023 (exact times will be posted at a later day)
- There will be an Area Rehearsal with other schools in our cluster on Friday, February 24th ,2023. This is a mandatory rehearsal and you must be in attendance if you want to participate at the March event. (Exact times will be posted at a later date but it will be after school)
- We will have a few after school practices at Partee to make sure students are learning and understanding the music. (Those will be communicated to the selected students once auditions are complete and permission slips have been turned in.)
- The Workshop/Concert will be at the Gwinnett School of the Arts located at Central Gwinnett High School in Lawrenceville.
- The February Area Rehearsal is tentatively scheduled to be at Shiloh Elementary.
- Each elementary school is allowed to send four 5th Graders.
- There will be an audition process to select the 4 students that will represent Partee.
- Auditions will be January 17th - 23rd from 8:20am - 8:50am
- Students will need to be able to sing "Happy Birthday" by themselves.
- Students will also have a few other vocal warm-ups and singing/listening challenges to complete.
- Students must be able to match pitch, sing with a pleasant vocal tone, have excellent behavior, and have reliable transportation to and from workshop/concert